Click on a tab below to learn more about a topic.
Who We Serve
The Danielle House is not affiliated with any one hospital but serves all area hospitals, nursing homes, medical offices and community agencies in the Binghamton area.
Guests are limited to immediate family members and support persons of the hospitalized patient. Out-patients who are able to care for themselves or who have a support person are also welcome at the Danielle House when room is available.
Guests are referred by a social worker, physician's office, chaplain, member of the patient relations staff or a member of pastoral care staff. We serve all area hospitals, nursing homes, and medical facilities.
Registration: To be considerate of other guests, it is requested that first-time guests be registered by 9 PM. In case of emergency, arrangements can be made with the House Manager.
A suggested donation of $20.00 per room per night is asked of guests, but services of the Danielle House are provided at reduced or no cost to those in need, depending on individual circumstances.
HOUSE INFORMATION & GUIDELINES
In the spirit of mutual concern, we ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- In consideration of other guests, please be as quiet as possible. After 9:00 pm, please use the main floor kitchen for cooking and the main floor living room or lowest level family room for television viewing. Dress in proper attire in common areas (no PJs/bathrobes, etc.). Keep audio levels of television or radio low enough to not disturb other guests who may be resting or sleeping at different times of the day. Sofas in common areas are not to be used for sleeping at any time.
- Checkout is at 11:00AM. Please let us know if you need to stay later so that we can make arrangements.
- Parking is available in the spaces adjacent to the house and on the street. Lock your vehicle at all times; we are not responsible for the safety of your car or its contents.
- We are a smoke- and substance-free home. Please do not bring any alcoholic beverages or drugs into the house and, if you wish to smoke, do so outside, and use cigarette disposal containers provided.
- Your room has been prepared for you:
- a) Extra towels and personal care items are available in the bathrooms, or the linen closet (mirrored sliding doors in upper hall).
- b) If you share a bathroom, please remember to take personal care items back to your room. Should you need any personal care items for the shared lavatory, check with the house manager.
- When departing, please strip the bed, including mattress pad, and put used linens on floor by the bed.
- Kitchens are stocked with basics for preparing your own meals. You may use anything in the “community cupboards” or refrigerators, unless it is labeled by another guest. If you bring food to be stored, you will be assigned a cupboard and given labels to mark it. Dishwashers in each kitchen should be loaded only. They are run each day by staff--not guests. No food is allowed in rooms.
- Binghamton is a recycling community; rinse plastic, aluminum, paper or glass containers. On the 1st floor, place in recycle bin drawer at left side of sink, lower level in labeled bin on right hand side beside the sink.
- Telephone service is available from our office line: 607-724-1540. Incoming calls, and local and long distance calls are included, but should be transacted between 8AM and 9PM, except in emergency. Kindly limit personal calls to ten minutes, as this is also our office line.
- Wifi is available for your personal laptop or notebook. The password is 6C31d15414. A computer is available for your use in the lower level; please do not shut down or change any settings on the computer. If it has to be signed-off and restarted for some reason, the startup password is danielle.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times and may not be left unattended in the house.
- During the day, there is generally a staff assistant available, and house managers are available from 6:00PM to 8:00AM. Their apartment is labeled “9” on the upper level. If no one is available, call one of the numbers listed below. We have tried to include as much information as possible here, and want your stay with us to be as comfortable as possible. Never hesitate to ask a question, or seek our help or guidance.
A $20 donation per room per night is suggested of guests, but Danielle House offers our services at reduced- or no-cost for extenuating circumstances. Please confer with the House Manager or Director if you have a financial hardship. Staff will replace Donation Envelopes when cleaning each week, so that long-term guests can submit donations on a weekly basis.
Extraordinary circumstances at Danielle House may make it necessary for us to ask you to change rooms during your stay. We will make every effort to avoid this situation, and thank you for understanding.
To register, download a registration form or call us at (607) 724-1540.